If you liked the ROAR2018 program and experience, or heard the positive praise of the event from your colleagues, you won't want to miss ROAR19 in Alice Springs.
Paramedics Australasia brings you 'Back to Alice' from 10-12 April 2019. This unique conference builds on ROAR2018 and provides deep insights into the challenges and practice of paramedicine in rural and remote environments. The intensive and stimulating program will enable delegates to further develop their skills and resilience, whilst building the courage to move outside of existing comfort zones.
For those who plan to travel, it is time to book your flights and accommodation now, as April is the beginning of the busy season in Alice Springs.
If you are a paramedic or health professional working in, or with an interest in, rural, outback and remote locations, this conference is designed to send you home with a swag full of skills and inspiration.
Registration fees start from only $60, and we are offering a range of packages to ensure everyone has the opportunity to attend. Discounted rates apply for PA Members, Alice Springs hospital and RFDS staff
Choose the full conference option:
Or build your own package:
- Full conference package includes optional pre-conference workshop, welcome BBQ, 2 full conference days and Ooraminna dinner only $400
- Single day conference, includes optional pre-conference workshop $200
- Add a Welcome BBQ ticket for $60
- Add an Ooraminna Homestead dinner for $120
- Wednesday 10 April, commencing 1.00pm - Steve Whitfield and Mick Suth present an optional pre-conference workshop. A practical hands-on session around improvised stretchers, hypothermic wraps, improvised wound management and fracture management - make sure you indicate your preferences for this workshop on the registration form.
- Wednesday 10 April 6.30pm - the conference officially commences with an outdoor BBQ reception sponsored by Guild Insurance on the lawns of the beautiful Mercure Resort Alice Springs. This is included for all full package delegates, or you can choose to attend as an optional extra if you select a one day delegate package.
- Thursday 11 and Friday 12 April two jam packed days including hands-on activities and super engaging speakers delivering a host of interactive workshops and presentations. Choose to attend both days in your full conference package or select a one day option if you prefer.
- Friday evening 12 April - delegates are invited to round off the conference with an absolutely amazing Ooraminna Station Homestead conference dinner. Included with all full conference registrations, or you can choose to attend if you build your own package as an optional extra.
Details of the full program including all scheduled workshops and presentations will be available here soon.
Program highlights will include:
- Resuscitation in resource limited environments
- An exercise in what to pack in your kit
- Situational awareness and personal safety techniques
- Improvised techniques in remote environments
- Where there is no ambulance
- Resilience building
- Health, exercise & nutrition, including the option to join a pre-breakfast fitness session
- Acute Rheumatic Fever\Rheumatic Heart Disease - understanding and treating
- Advanced Life Support
- Midwifery in remote areas
- Paediatric sepsis and clinical assessment
- Medical Retrieval and Consultation Centre (MRaCC) - 12 months along
- Cultural Safety
- Dialysis in remote communities
- Tribal EMS
- Leadership\career pathways
- and much, much more ...... additional program sessions to be confirmed
The venue will once again be at the beautiful Mercure Alice Springs Resort, just 20 minutes from Alice Springs airport and a short walk over the Todd River to the centre of town.
Check your rosters, book your airfares, see here
for on-site accommodation details. Registrations essential, and close on 27 March 2019. Discounted rates for members, Alice Springs hospital and RFDS staff.
Enquiries can be directed to:
p:+61 408 972 155
We can't wait to welcome you 'Back to Alice' in 2019!