If you liked the ROAR2018 program and experience, or heard the positive praise of the event from your colleagues, you won't want to miss ROAR19 in Alice Springs.
Paramedics Australasia brings you 'Back to Alice' from 10-12 April 2019. This unique conference builds on ROAR2018 and provides deep insights into the challenges and practice of paramedicine in rural and remote environments. The intensive and stimulating program will enable delegates to further develop their skills and resilience, whilst building the courage to move outside of existing comfort zones.
For those who plan to travel, it is time to book your flights and accommodation now, as April is the beginning of the busy season in Alice Springs.
If you are a paramedic or health professional working in, or with an interest in, rural, outback and remote locations, this conference is designed to send you home with a swag full of skills and inspiration.
Registration fees start from only $60, and we are offering a range of packages to ensure everyone has the opportunity to attend. Choose the full conference option or build your own:
- Welcome BBQ $60
- Single day conference $200
- Ooraminna dinner $120
- Full conference package including welcome BBQ, 2 full conference days and Ooraminna dinner only $400
We are planning:
Program highlights will include:
- Resuscitation in resource limited environments
- An exercise in what to pack in your kit
- Situational awareness and personal safety techniques
- Improvised techniques in remote environments
- Resilience building
- Acute Rheumatic Fever\Rheumatic Heart Disease - understanding and treating
- Advanced Life Support
- Medical Retrieval and Consultation Centre (MRaCC) - 12 months along
- Cultural Safety
- Dialysis in remote communities
- Tribal EMS
- Leadership\career pathways
- Mental Health - signs, symptoms and approaches in the pre-hospital environment
- and much, much more ...... additional program sessions to be confirmed
The venue will once again be at the beautiful Mercure Alice Springs Resort, just 20 minutes from Alice Springs airport and a short walk over the Todd River to the centre of town.
Check your rosters, book your airfares, see here
for on-site accommodation details. Registrations essential, and close on 27 March 2019. Discounted rates for members and Alice Springs hospital staff.
Enquiries can be directed to:
p:+61 408 972 155
We can't wait to welcome you 'Back to Alice' in 2019!