The Victorian chapter of PA is pleased to announce its next event: Fit For Duty - a Paramedic Health & Fitness Symposium featuring special guests from Sydney & Brisbane!
This half-day event will include a variety of presentations on the essential aspects attributing to career longevity in Paramedicine.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Melissa Zimmerman (keynote speaker) – Paramedic with New South Wales Ambulance and founder of Para Fit – presenting on paramedic health & fitness
- Richard Galeano (keynote speaker) – Paramedic lecturer at Australian Catholic University (Queensland) and PhD candidate, presenting on his PhD research: Understanding the Health of Operational Personnel in an Australian Ambulance Service
- Ben Meadley, PhD candidate and MICA Flight Paramedic presenting on physiological and nutritional factors associated with paramedic well-being
- Megan Mulhall, Alertness CRC PhD candidate presenting on achieving quality sleep on a forward-rotating shift roster
- James Marshall, Paramedic Educator presenting on adjusting to life as a paramedic and maintaining a healthy work/home-life balance
- Rain Histen from 'Team Paramedic' presenting on the Eureka Stair Climb 2018
- Barry Curtain, Ambulance Victoria Manual Handling Coordinator presenting on risk assessment and the impacts of time criticality and optimism bias
Attendees at this event will also receive a FREE Para Fit audiobook 'The Fit Paramedic 90 Day Body' valued at $199 (not yet released!).
Light catering will be provided.
Following this symposium will be the PA Victoria Annual Chapter Meeting (17:15hrs onwards). Attendees are invited to remain for this meeting. Pizza will be provided for ACM attendees.
Inquiries related to this event can be emailed to email@example.com